Who doesn’t like Mac & Cheese? This Mac & Cheese recipe was a hit with the girls and I love it because of the butternut squash. I love all things butternut squash – roasted, stuffed, in a soup; you name it I love it! This version is healthier than my typical Mac & Cheese recipe, and I can eat it without feeling super guilty! Give it a try one night, you won’t regret it!
1 cup butternut squash, cubed
1 tablespoon heavy cream
1 tablespoon Butter
2 cups elbow pasta, cooked
1/4 cup cheddar cheese grated
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Put the squash in the steamer basket.
3. Pour water into the tank (level 3).
4. Start the cooking process.
5. When the squash is cooked, put it in the blending bowl with heavy cream and butter, reserving the cooking liquid.
6. Add some of the cooking liquid to bring the purée to desired consistency and blend.
7. Mix the butternut squash, pasta and cheese together in bowl.
8. Scoop into Multiportions and top with a sprinkle of breadcrumbs.
9. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes to warm and brown the breadcrumbs.