I’m a sucker for a good cookie. My 2 faves are sugar cookies from Cakestries and the chocolate chip butter cookies from Pusateri’s.
This year for our cookie exchange at the office, I decided to make my own version of chocolate chip butter cookies!
These cookies are easy to make and they are super tasty!
1 cup butter (room temperature)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon mixed essence (optional)
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
pinch of salt
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
½ cup cornstarch, sifted
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat your oven to 375°
- In a medium sized bowl, whip butter, vanilla and mixed essence until fluffy.
- In a large bowl combine sifted flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar and salt.
- Add the butter mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips into your dough
- Using a spoon, scoop out dough and form into 1″ balls and place on cookie sheet approx 2″apart.
- Using your spoon gently press down on your cookie dough balls.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes, edges should be lightly browned. Be sure to watch that the edges don’t brown too much!
Cool on wire racks and enjoy!
My holiday version included red and green Smarties (Canada’s version of M&Ms) which you can use a half cup of those with a 1/2 cup of the semi sweet chocolate chips in your recipe.